You may be wondering What is a term life insurance policy?” Is it right for me?” Well, these are very important questions if you are considering taking a life insurance policy, and you will get these questions answered here.
Although there are different types of life insurance policies, basically all life insurance policies are either term insurance or while life insurance, or a combination of the two.
So, what is Term Life Insurance Policy And Is It Suitable For Your Life Situation?
Term life insurance policy is a form of protection for a specific period of time. It can be 5, 10, 15 or 20 years. The insurance policy expires at the end of the term period with no accumulated cash and there are no benefits payable. The death benefit is only payable if the policy owner dies during the term period. Some people define a term life insurance policy as insurance that is actuarially designed to expire before you do”.
While the premiums on term life insurance are usually low, they do increase substantially as your age increases. Due to this fact, term insurance policy is the most economical when purchased at a younger age and when the term is longer. Short term renewable policies would be less expensive at the start but the renewal premiums increase significantly after middle age. As an example, the cost of a year’s premium can be $150 at the age of 35 and $2,500 at the age of 65.
What Are The 7 Tips For Finding The Right Term Life Insurance Policy and Company?
1. Unless you think you may want a cash-value policy in the future, a term life insurance policy is the best choice in most situations. Most term policies are essentially the same, and you can go with the lowest priced term policy. With term policies, you do not have to worry about claims disputes like you do with other types of insurance.
2. Just like with any other type of insurance, it is very important that you take the time to research and educate yourself and shop around for a policy that will best suit your financial circumstances and needs. The prices on term life insurance will vary across insurance companies, and there is no single company which can offer the deal for every customer. This is the reason why it is important for you to shop around and compare so that you can decide which company is offering you the best rate for your life insurance policy.
3. Online Internet access allows you the convenience to do your research and shop around, and take time to make your own decision under no pressure. Hundreds of websites are available to make your online shopping for insurance policy easy and quick. Using the simple and straightforward forms which insurance companies provide online, you can get your quotes within five to ten minutes.
4. The process of getting your online quote can be further simplified if you keep a record of the standard health questions which insurance companies ask about your health, namely weight, cholesterol level, blood pressure and family medical history. Give accurate answers to these questions.
5. It is important for you to fully understand your rights and responsibilities as a policy owner, before you sign up. If you need further clarification on any aspect of your policy, have an agent explain the details to you.
6. If you spend the necessary time shopping and comparing term life insurance policies, you will be able to get the best policy that suits your circumstances and your family’s needs.